Home.               Contact Me.               About Me.               As Featured In...               Events.              

Friday 12 December 2014

From Marley to Bouncy

I typically suck at doing hair. I always joke with myself that all I can do is comb hair, haha!
I hold a curling iron wrong, I suck at curling with a straightener, my cornrows look like unfinished roads...but I still try.
I recently became intrigued with "perm rods" and what they could look like when applied to Marley hair (which is what I have crochet on my head) and thanks to YouTube, I felt brave enough to try it myself. I was sooo afraid to fail, knowing how bad I am with all things hair but just felt this need to try...and I'm glad I did! I certainly did some things wrong and some curls weren't as bouncy as desired but I learned how to fix that!



So through a series of photos, I'll show you how I took my hair from kinky curly to bouncy curly with just hot water, a mug and some perm rods I scouted several beauty supply stores in Montreal to find ($2.50/pack of 12)!

FYI I also discovered later on that you DO NOT need to sleep with the perm rods in your hair, haha!










You basically take a "strand" of crochet hair, wrap it around the perm rod starting at the top, seal the rod and place in a cup of hot water for 5-10 seconds (although I probably did 15 seconds) and that's it! You unwrap the hair from the rod and you're good to go! It's that easy. My curls lasted about 4 days before I needed to re-touch them.

Here are some more pictures.


I may do a video on this soon! Stay tuned,
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...